Dynamic Waterjet Cutting
A waterjet cutting system cuts metal and other materials with computer-controlled precision using high pressure water and abrasive. Dynamic Waterjet® features unique mathematical cutting models and a tilting head that allow for even greater precision, greater consistency, faster cuts, less than 1 degree tapering, and contouring cutting of 3-D objects. This precision makes the process ideal for applications where accuracy, consistency, and repeatability are critical. Heart of Texas Metalworks owns and maintains a Flow 6012 waterjet machine utilizing the Dynamic Waterjet® system.
Why choose waterjet cutting?
Here's what waterjet cutting offers over traditional machining techniques:
- Cut a wide range of materials in addition to metals, including stone, glass, and composites
- Cut materials up to 8" thick
- Software controlled for absolute precision up to ±.003"
- Cut from standard CAD and vector files
- Contour Cutting of 3-D Objects
- Satin-smooth edges
- Cut stacks of materials for reduced part costs and consistency
The Dynamic Waterjet Cutting Advantage
Waterjet cutting offers a number of benefits over traditional machining, but Dynamic Waterjet Cutting takes the process a step further. Whereas regular waterjet cutting has a stationary cutting head, the Dynamic Waterjet cutting equipment at Heart of Texas employs a tilting cutting head. Dynamic Waterjet cutting give you:
- 25–400% faster cutting
- Virtually no tapering, this means a true 90° cut
- No secondary finishing needed
Waterjet Cutting is Ideal for:
- Custom made tools and parts
- Automotive parts and custom pieces
- Aerospace applications
- Precision tile cutting
- Stone shaping
- Virtually any material, with the exception of tempered glass